Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thursday, June 10, 2010

When I moved into my house I decided that I needed a new look for my bedroom. The bedroom set I currently have is fine, but it's big and black and not what I'm going for in my master bedroom. So about 5 months ago I started looking for bedroom pieces that I love - and I can't find anything. I want a bed that's very durable - ideally made out of metal. One of my biggest frustrations is nice wood furniture that gets dinged up - with metal I won't deal with that. I also want something versatile enough that it can transition life stages, bedrooms, etc without looking out of place. Now that I've been in my house 3 months and my bedroom is still ridiculously ghetto I decided to buy place holder furniture, all from Ikea. Below is the combo I *think* I might want. What do you think?

Links:
Bed
Dresser
Nightstand

3 comments:

  1. That dresser is my favorite piece at Ikea - everytime I'm there I drool over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovee the night stand especially. don't know how i feel about both the bed and nightstand together?

    but i mean i am pretty sure that most things that you do in that house i approve so i'd probably love it once it was there in real life.

    it's the black and white that i think is throwing me off. is that allowed, to get black and white different styles?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so you may already have the bed by now, but Bob and I had that bed in our guest room (until it became a nursery). It's a decent bed, but the sizing is weird if you try to put any mattress other than an Ikea mattress on it. Also, we bought the bed slats instead of box springs, and though functional, they make your mattress sit kind of low. It was pretty sturdy though, and fairly easy to put together and take apart. You can also put all sorts of styles and colors with it since it's so simple. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete